The Other Side of the World: Casting

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Casting

off to the rural parts (again) tomorrow with my midwife to drape her little sister in plaster and gauze. I've heard of one family who lined their belly cast with a lambskin and put their baby in it to sleep. How fitting. . . (see, who needs a crib?) And - it's June! the end is in sight - in 19 horrible days I'll be free of exams. What bliss. . . . speaking of - my bed is beckoning with perfectly piled covers & a hot water bottle & ginger tea & a good book. But of course, it's raining tonight. . .so who knows how long I have until the barometer tempts the next squirming small person down the birth canal.

2 Comments:

Blogger Louisa said...

Ginger tea, miracle stuff. If you can see if you can find some Bundaberg ginger beer - Aussie... but perhaps?
OR you could cook up a bunch of fresh ginger with sugar and water to make a cordial and mix it with ginger ale... It's delish and very easy on the tummy.
L Xx

8:51 PM  
Blogger kris said...

belly casting! that is so sweet, I wish i'd done it, i never even thought about it. hope you enjoyed your restful evening.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home