The Other Side of the World: Aotearoa

Friday, January 20, 2006

Aotearoa

Which is of course, the Maori name for New Zealand. Meaning 'land of the big white cloud' - and I must say, very aptly named (I have refrained, however, from taking reams of cloud pictures). A side street facing one of the two mountain ranges that surround the town. I mean, hills. I have been unequivocally informed they are not tall enough to be mountains. My sweet little house The noteworthy bamboo growing on the north side And of course, a reference to my first post (really I just wanted to show everyone my underwear). Must run now, bed being delivered shortly . . . .

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Mianh!

Beaut pics my dear :) Looking forward to ones of the housemates ;)..

Take care luv.

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you living alone? Lovely little house Mianh! Let us know how the course is going.. did it start yet?

Claire xx

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes with your new life.

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your pictures, Mianh. What a great house. Glad you're there safely!
Peace~
Lynne

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mianh! Miss you sooooo much!
your pics are great! Your house is great! Im glad you are having such fun! keep up the picture posting...its my way of living vicariously through you lol...miss you!

2:29 PM  
Blogger M said...

Claire - there are 4 of us living in the house :)
And school starts next month!

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who's that cute little guy operating on the coconut with all the delicacy of a heart surgeon?

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home