The Other Side of the World: and then there is Oatmeal

Sunday, March 12, 2006

and then there is Oatmeal

Rolled oats, cinnamon, raisins, sliced bananas, ground flax seed, pecans, raw cane sugar. Bliss in bowl form. Also, dinner at 1 a.m. The fat novel sitting underneath neccessarily completes the meal experience. What I'm really trying to say here is; I got a waitressing job this weekend and consequently I'm too tired to write coherently about anything. Thank goodness I now have two days off before school to make chicken soup and start my midterm research paper (she writes, in a half-hearted attempt to convince herself it will be so). Now that I've mentioned it, (acknowledging the assignment exists is the first step, right?) I find it incredibly amusing that I've written dozens of papers, so far not failed one, and I still dread them like the second plague. It must be a heart-over-head matter. Perhaps one likes trolling through library shelves and late nights and concise, well outlined critical analysis, and the other doesn't? Good thing they both agree on the Oatmeal.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello my hungry sister,
I thought you might be interested to know that I too have "oatmeal" (we like to call it pukkolla) with flax seeds in it. Gotta love those omega 3s.
I also have come to enjoy those 5$ blueberries that you bought at Fruit de Parc.
Anyway, let me know about the tomato and pork dishes.
Lots of love,
Ramone

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

William is still outraged about the 1c books migrating all the way to NZ...(dad is ont the phone i thought i would sneek some words in before he gets back) damm u mianh steel our text books u should be ashamed to do that to our family. how would u like it if i stole all of your books u needed for school! i will post thos comment now and let dad wright u the real one he was going to so ill do it now before he gets back and notices that he is a stooge for leaving the computer to answer the phone love will or (il wim)

2:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know Melbourne is the "oatmeal" capital of the world-loads of it here.

Come get any time

Big B

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home