The Other Side of the World: my favourite bowl

Saturday, October 28, 2006

my favourite bowl

If it's just my favourite green bowl and I sitting down to dinner, hardly anything else can makes me as consistently happy as this: fry 1/2 an onion gently in some olive oil add in 1 small can tomatoes [or 1/2 can tomato paste, or 4-5 chopped tomatoes, etc] bring to a boil add any or none of: a few mushrooms, sliced fresh chopped parsely and salt to taste, or a spoonfull of stock powder let boil for 5 minutes longer add an entire bunch of one or combination, finely chopped: kale swiss chard/silver beet pea greens spinach (a bit much all on its own) collards etc let cook for a minute reduce heat throw in 4-5 finely chopped/smashed cloves of garlic put on the lid, take off heat and leave for 10 minutes good with a bit of smoky hot sauce on top. . . . and I suppose if you must you could eat it over rice or pasta. I have, at times, eaten just this for days on end. obsessive?

1 Comments:

Blogger Shig said...

I would just like to say that it is now 0030 in my part of the world,and I have been on the job since 0640 YESTERDAY and I think I would sell my soul for a bowl of this right now(of course, the baby broke my favorite green bowl, but I'll manage)

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home