The Other Side of the World: don't be so reckless

Thursday, June 14, 2007

don't be so reckless

the week before exams finally ends with a total of 6 births. First exam in the morning. I'm overwhelmed and strangely calm. people talk about being 'called' to midwifery - perhaps the same bruising directive force will thrust my brain into the direction of concise and intelligent exam reponses.
or perhaps my week of breath-holdingly clutching at suture-needle-clamps, swinging lusty newborn bundles under fish scale hooks and feeling the pull intensify just a fraction stronger with each nose slipping from the last fold of flesh. . . perhaps that's enough motivation to keep going long after sense would dictate.
so long you've been away - I miss our early morning wrestle not a very happy way to start the day
it may be reckless, but I think the end is in sight.

4 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

Yay! Another belly pic :) I love belly pics! Yours is so round and lovely. Grow little baby grow!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Louisa said...

A very lovely belly. Will that bump be Canadian or Kiwi (or both?) then?
Xx L

10:12 PM  
Blogger kris said...

that belly is gorgeous;)

good luck on your exams...

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i guess its not a bad lookin´ belly... but on to other things.
I should make sure to make a point of letting you know that I got that response correct before I read you quote the line... without having listened to the song or looked up the lyrics.
The same may not be said about... mr. merchant. Damnit!
adios muchacha! back to espagne..

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home