The Other Side of the World: Places/Things

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Places/Things

Flinders St. Station, Melbourne. The place to meet under the clocks. I am genuinely curious as to why I (with an intense dislike and phobia of dead birds) am constantly stepping on them with my barefeet (or in this case, bits of them). Does this happen to other people too? Here, I am attempting to channel my intense horror into an art form by photographing the disgusting little foot. Tomatoes at my grandparent's house. Pronounced with the long 'a' please. Prickly pears. Yes, yes, it's cactus, it's fruit. beautiful grapes (there's a raging contest between my cousins and the birds over who can steal more, faster) Two types of plums from the same tree. Well, really two trees spliced together. Bizarrely wonderful, no? A myriad of shrimp, Footscray Market Crabs turn bright red when you cook them, right? Apparently some are bright red whilst still alive. However, until I was peering right at them, and they started writhing towards my nose, I was not aware of this. Apparently crabs and not-being-quite-dead are a theme of 2006? (Also Footscray Market).

1 Comments:

Blogger Geoff the Medio said...

A myriad of shrimp -> I believe "shrimps" is more appropriate in this case.

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home