The Other Side of the World: kiwi-ness

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

kiwi-ness

Went to see a funny little kiwi/samoan film last night [http://www.sioneswedding.com]. I felt quite smug in my comprehension of 55% of the slang used therein. Actually, I had a very kiwi-ana weekend; in addition to eating icecream cones repeatedly dipped into popcorn at the movies (actually disturbingly delicious) I also had rugby strategies painstakingly explained to me and a long drawn-out discussion on the relative merits of eating canned spaghetti on toast (I was threatened with a sample, but in the end mercy prevailed). Oh! and speaking of toast, I had marmite on mine this morning. I *am* becoming a good little kiwi-pretender (if only I could stop throwing in the occasional francais that is repeatedly met with very blank stares).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home