The Other Side of the World: Observing New Zealand in 10 Minutes

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Observing New Zealand in 10 Minutes

Because I have to run and catch a bus, not because it's easy . . . People go barefoot *everywhere* - the bank, the supermarket There are willow trees, evergreen trees and palm trees all growing along side each other Yogurt is runny and comes in jugs or cartons There is almost always a distinctive sea breeze, even though the actual sea is nowhere to be seen (and as a result my hair is wavier than it has ever been) The sun is burning hot because we're under a hole in the ozone layer The City Library is brand new and amazing. I want to move in. Also they sell parsnip cake there. Must try this soon . . . There are no pennies here, so everything gets rounded. Some things sound British (tea is dinner). Some sound Maori (Kumaras are sweet potatoes) and some things are just . . . ('cool' stands in for 'you're welcome') And lastly, I promise, as soon as I have the internet at home I'll write something properly intelligent. I think internet cafes sap my brain.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still looking for that dargone pencil, have you seen it? What would life be like with out a little "Carl Humor" from Canada EH? Miss you lots

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Carl, I found your pencil!!!

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the bare foot part.

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds amazing!!! miss ya tons

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home