The Other Side of the World: Who says I can't be productive in the morning?

Friday, February 17, 2006

Who says I can't be productive in the morning?

Alright, I will be the first to admit that I am not overly, er, useful in the a.m.. Perhaps though, all this traveling has scrambled my internal clock into some semblance of 'normal'? I urge you all to hold your collective breaths. . . . Anyway, I woke up this morning at 8:00, leapt out of bed, grabbed an apple and headed off to find this mystical farmer's market that my course administrator has told me about. Mystical because she didn't sound overly confident about its whereabouts, and I was basically wandering around semi-comatose in the windy, quiet morning trying to find it. And then suddenly in a burst of music and the lazy/frantic bustle that hallmarks Saturday markets - there she was. Those are tiny purple Maori potatoes just in front of the daikon radishes. Of course, I bought some! I thought my little sleepy heart would burst with happiness when I discovered these leafy greens there. The one in the foreground is my favourite rau mung - tender with crunchy, hollow stems. Predictably, I have no idea what the other one is. Good thing you can stir fry anything with garlic and it will come out ok . . .(please do not burst my bubble - this is one of my true cornerstones of culinary faith). Then I nearly broke my arms carrying it all home ($18 of sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, celery, cukes, broccoli, maori potatoes, advocado, free-range eggs and greens). I picked up the car dealer magazine for my flatmate and I to browse through I did the dishes from yesterday. I put away the groceries. I washed and cut up the celery and cucumber so I can snack on them later. I made my bed. I put on a load of laundry. I made/ate a cucumber/advocado salad with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. And all this before 10:30 a.m.! hip . . . hip . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home