The Other Side of the World: moment of grace

Thursday, March 29, 2007

moment of grace

Although I'm sure there are several people who would be willing to attest to my soup fanaticism (and should this subsequently mean skill?) I have had a very disheartening run lately, of disasters running to the inedible. Yes, sacrelige, I know. At any rate, to celebrate the first deliciously decent bowl of soup this month (year?!) - I will regale you with instructions.
everything roughly chopped -
half onion in butter+/olive oil
add - carrot x 2 potato x 2 half a butternut squash a few spring onions
healthy pinch of smoked paprika handful of torn basil leaves cup and a half of red lentils
water, just to cover (more if you insist on thin soup)
salt to taste
bring to a boil
let simmer until all squishily tender
blend
yellow soup happiness. a moment of grace?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home