The Other Side of the World: nous sommes tous montrealais

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

nous sommes tous montrealais

The ice-city herself (between a swishy Christmas and a straining New Year) eclectically presented: A large elegant dog to lust over (only in the sense that it's large and elegant and I want it standing watchfully over my door)

Institutions of meat & smoke & frenzied eating amongst the elbows of strangers (and industriously large kosher pickles and deep purple sloshes of wondrous, rare, black cherry cola) and charming clusters of grey vermin backdropping for the skiiers on Mt. Royal

I must say. . . I like it a lot better when I don't have to write exams with snow in my shoes* *pysch exam at McGill circa Dec 2004

** nous sommes tous montrealais = banner campaign in the city attempting to soothe the english/french friction meaning - 'we are all montrealers'

4 Comments:

Blogger k.thedoula said...

Bien sur!
Okay, you just made me majorly sad over not having made one last pilgramage to Bens...
Yeah, exams in boots sucks.
Happy New Year.

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh lord, that made my heart long for montreal
-amy

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you studying in NZ and what year are you? I am in Auckland after moving from Wellington doing my 2 years at Massey.

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thought you may like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koi_f3fB2h8

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home